Multimodal transportation – transportation of the same cargo using more than one type of transport, as a rule, on the basis of a single contract. The advantage of such transportation is that transportation is carried out not by several companies, but by one, respectively, bearing its obligations to the client. Multimodal transportation implies the possibility of door-to-door transportation.
• Accounting for all the advantages of various vehicles and their maximum use.
• For each participant on route, the most optimal type of transport is selected taking into account the particular cargo and the wishes of the client.
• Ability to deliver cargo to almost anywhere in the world.
• Reduced shipping time.
• Significant reduction in shipping costs.
Types of cargo:
• heavy cargo
• general cargo
• lightweight and bulk cargo over long distances
• bulk and packaged cargo
• cargo of small volumes over long distances in containers of the railway fleet (leased or last trip containers)
• oversized cargo.
• sea (containers, ship parties)